Trapper Slipjoint knife kit Two Blade 4” with jigged bone scales
- Buy 3 for $28.23 each and save 10%
- Buy 7 for $25.10 each and save 20%
- Buy 11 for $21.96 each and save 30%
- Very nice kit but the scales are uglyWent together easily, walk and talk are excellent, just the orange bone scales are ugly and look like cheap plastic (which they are not). I suggest using some other color for the bones or just replacing them with something you make yourself. That's what I will do with the next ones I make.
- Trapper Two Blade Slipjoint.Today I finished the kit knife Trapper Two Blade Slipjoint proyect . The kit was missing steel pin , but I had no problem in finding a replacement. In the end it was a very beautiful knife , I hope to enjoy it .
Trapper Slipjoint Knife Kit Two Blade 4” with Jigged Bone Scales
- Closed Length 4"
- Open Length 7"
- Both Blade Lengths 2 3/4"
- Both Blades Thickness 2.5mm
- Blades have Mirror Finish
- Stainless Steel Liners & Bolsters
- Heat Treated Springs
- Dyed Bone Handles included
- Pins and Shim Stock included
These Trapper style slipjoint kits were made just for us.
Most kits like this are 440 stainless and come without scales. We specified these to come with 440C stainless steel blades and dyed, jigged bone scales.
What it doesn’t come with, is a fancy box you would throw away.
The holes have all been located and drilled. The bolsters have been welded to the liners and buffed to a fine mirror finish.
The blades have been heat treated and cryo treated and finished with a mirror polish and a sharp edge.
The pins are all included. We even included a small spacer tool to use while peening the pivot in place so you don’t over tighten the pivot pin.
To finish the kits, you will need to peen the pins all in place and finish sanding, polishing and fitting the kit to your expectations.
Plan on assembly taking a couple hours at most as these will go together quickly and easily.
This kit provides and easy start to slip joint design and assembly. Use these for a pattern, a kit for yourself or to finish and sell to your buddies.
Our single blade version contains a Clip Point Blade 3.2” long. The single blade kit is 3.5” long approximately .65” wide.
The two blade version contains both a Clip Point and a Spey point blade, both blades are just over 3.5” long. The double blade kit is 4” long and approximately .7” wide.
The bone is amber dyed all through the material with jigging and dark black highlighting.