Ti Pocket Clip Short Fat .040" x 2.92" - FLAT - SF 242
- Buy 3 for $5.25 each and save 5%
- Buy 10 for $4.98 each and save 10%
- Buy 25 for $4.70 each and save 15%
- Buy 50 for $4.42 each and save 20%
- Buy 100 for $3.87 each and save 30%
Titanium Pocket Clip
- .040" thick 6alv4 Titanium
- 2.92" Long
- .38" widest part of clip (not including screw mounting portion)
- .48" wide screw mounting portion
- distance between 2 outer holes (on center) is .34"
- Exceptionally popular 3 hole style
- Quantity pricing
These titanium pocket clips have been water jet cut. You certainly can take them to a different finish if you prefer.
These pocket clips have the very popular 3 hole pattern that fits thousands of different production and production folders. (Before you ask, we don't have a list of which folders it will fit.)
If you buy a clip to upgrade your folder and it doesn't fit, we'll refund it.
Most pocket clips sold for folders are stainless steel which is good material. These clips are Titanium which has the advantage of being lighter, tougher and you can anodize it.
I'd really suggest you consider these Ti pocket clips just a start. You should absolutely consider: grinding, shaping, shortening, thinning, bending these clips any way you want.
Bending Ti Clips:
You can bend these cold up to 45 degrees with no problem. Simply take a couple of large pliers and bend away or put them in a vise and gently tap them over to the bend you want. If you bend them back again or more than once in that same spot with out heat, you will probably snap the metal. If you have a torch, by all means use it to heat these before bending to relieve any stress bending cold will put on these parts.
If you want to bend these clips further than 45 degrees, simply heat them up with a small propane or MAPP gas hand held torch and bend away. If you don't have a torch, you can also use an electric stove coil. Heat the bend area to cherry red hot color, (quickly as the heat dissipates fast!) and make your bend. Hold the piece until it cools to the bend takes and holds. It only takes a few seconds. You should expect some heat oxidation coloring on the surface. This can easily be buffed away. Keep in mind your pliars will act as a very large heat sink and pull heat way. Ti doesn't mind heat as much as other steels. If you mess up a bend, heat it and bend it again.
- GREAT...AlmostThese are excellent quality clips, but the do not fit Spyderco Knives at all. I would have to shave off way too much material to get them to even come close to fitting, not to mention they would end up looking all wonky if I did. Sadly I will have to return them, because I really like them.