Kitchen - 8" Chef Knife - Blade Blank - Chef Maker(tm) Line
- Buy 3 for $26.81 each and save 5%
- Buy 5 for $25.40 each and save 10%
- Buy 10 for $22.58 each and save 20%
- Buy 20 for $21.17 each and save 25%
- Buy 30 for $19.75 each and save 30%
- Super nice knife, easy to finish!I built this knife as a gift for my daughter that loves cooking, and she asked for a "Chef Knife with a purple handle", so I picked this up, a set of stainless Corby bolts, and purple canvas micarta handle slabs. Mounted the handle with gorilla 5 minute epoxy and the Corby bolts one weekend, then finished the next using a cheap 1x30" belt sander from harbor freight, then hand sanded with 120, stopping at 220 for a good, grippy finish. Turned out great!
- Great bang for the buckI bought this blank years ago and just ended up completing it for an old friend. It is well finished on the edges and is sharp right out of the box. A few passes on a wetstone would put a serious edge on this blade. I drilled out the holes and used 1/4 inch nickel and a mosaic pin in the center. The grind on the blade is not perfectly symmetrical but it doesn't deviate by much. For the price you can't complain. I doubt that you could buy the steel and have it heat treated for this cheap. My friend is thrilled with his new knife.
- Pretty goodOverall a pretty good blade for the price. The grinds aren't great but easy enough to fix if you are wanting a hand sanded finish. I have had one blade that cracked and had a small void in the tang but that has been the only issue so far. I would recommend them but inspect them before you get started.
Kitchen Knife Blade - 8" Chef Knife - Chef Maker Line
- Over all Length 13"
- Blade Length 8"
- Blade Thickness .120"
- 3each 3/16" (.187") diameter handle pin holes (we suggest using our medium corby bolts)
- Handle Size 5" x 1"
- Made of 9Cr18MoV steel - China comparable to 440C steel
- Very Sharp Hollow Grind
- Heat Treated Ready for You to Finish
- Satin Finish
-Chef Maker(tm) Pantry Style
NOTE: These kitchen knife blanks are already heat treated and hardened. All you need to do is add a handle.We designed a full set of kitchen knives at once so all the handles match in style but are size scaled to small, medium or large to fit the knife. The entire set of these kitchen knives have a co-ordinated style so you can mix and match or make them all.
We suggest adding a pair of g10 scales in 3/16" thick material for the handle. You could also add some handsome stabilized and dyed wood scales from our extensive assortment or even from your own stock.
Our medium size corby bolts will fit the tang holes perfectly to hold the scales in place.
440C is possibly the most popular knife steel in use today. It takes and holds a good edge. It has good corrosion resistance and is tough enough the edge won't chip out. 440C offers a good performing steel at a good price. Finally it can easily sharpened. Don't confuse 440C with lower quality 440A you find on low end knives. 440C is quality steel that has a good balance of edge holding, toughness and corrosion resistance that has stood the test of time.
Made in China
#bladeblanks #knifeblades #knifeblanks #kitchenblade #kitchenknifeblade #kitchenknifeblanks