Dakota Clip Point Bowie S12
- Buy 3 for $24.65 each and save 5%
- Very happy with this knifeI haven’t finished it yet. But very happy with the size and feel. It’s going to make a beautiful knife when it’s done.
- quality blade, just not what I was looking forThe handle on this blade seems a bit narrow when compared to the size of the blade, and the etching on the bolster is very shallow. Perhaps if I could find a way to blacken the background so the relief would stand out more I would like this more, as is, I was a bit disappointed.
Clip Point Bowie S12
- Over all length 9 1/4"
- Blade length 4 1/4"
- Blade Thickness 3/32"
- 2 - 0.20" pin holes 1- 0.20" Lanyard hole
- Made of 9CR14 stainless steel
- Very Sharp
- Attached Bolster
Made in Asia
NOTE: These knife blanks are already heat treated and hardened. All you need to do is add a handle and maybe a sheath. We suggest adding a pair of g10 scales in 3/16" or 1/4" thick material for the handle. You could also add some handsome wood scales from our extensive assortment or even from your own stock.
9CR14 stainless steel is very similar to 440C which is possibly the most popular knife steel in use today. It takes and holds a good edge. It has good corrosion resistance and is tough enough the edge won't chip out. 440C offers a good performing steel at a good price. Finally it can easily sharpened. Don't confuse 440C with lower quality 440A you find on low end knives. 440C is quality steel that has a good balance of edge holding, toughness and corrosion resistance that has stood the test of time.