Oyster Knife Blade Blank 001 - 9Cr18Mov Stainless Steel - 7" OAL
- Buy 3 for $16.12 each and save 5%
- Buy 5 for $15.27 each and save 10%
- Buy 10 for $13.58 each and save 20%
- Buy 20 for $12.73 each and save 25%
- Buy 30 for $11.88 each and save 30%
Oyster Knife Blade 001
- Made of 9Cr18MoV stainless steel - China comparable to 440C steel
- Tested RC 57-58 hardness
- Mirror finish, sharpened and ready for handling
- 7" overall length
- 1 1/2" cutting edge
- 5/32" thick
- Heavy construction
- 1- 7/32" hole
- Made in China
These knife blanks are already heat treated and hardened. All you need to do is add a handle and maybe a sheath. We suggest adding a pair of g10 scales in 3/16" or 1/4" thick material for the handle. You could also add some handsome wood scales from our extensive assortment or even from your own stock.
**We now offer sheath kits that you can purchase separately to pair with your favorite knife blanks. The recommended sheath for this knife blank is our Sheath Kit #2 and Sheat Kit #11.
440C is possibly the most popular knife steel in use today. It takes and holds a good edge. It has good corrosion resistance and is tough enough the edge won't chip out. 440C offers a good performing steel at a good price. Finally it can easily sharpened. Don't confuse 440C with lower quality 440A you find on low end knives. 440C is quality steel that has a good balance of edge holding, toughness and corrosion resistance that has stood the test of time.