Corby Bolt - Brass - MEDIUM - .182" shaft .250" shoulder
- Buy 4 for $2.41 each and save 2%
- Buy 10 for $2.31 each and save 6%
- Buy 25 for $2.21 each and save 10%
- Buy 50 for $2.12 each and save 14%
- Buy 100 for $2.04 each and save 17%
Write Your Own Review
Corby Style Bolts
.182" Shaft .330" long shaft
.250" Shoulder .285" long shoulders
.296" long thread
Over all length is .919"
both ends slotted
- Use these Corby style bolts to connect handles to a knife tang. For a full tang knife:
- You drill a hole in the tang the size of the shaft. Then you drill holes part way through the handle material the diameter of the shoulder.
- For a hidden tang knife:
- Dry mount your handle to the hidden tang so it doesn't move. Drill a hole through both handle and tang in one pass. Then drill the handle material partially to depth the diameter of the shoulder.
- Screw the two parts together fastening the scales to the tang. The ends of the bolts are slotted so you can use a screw driver on both ends to tighten the bolt. When you have it tight, you grind off the excess bolt material leaving a nice pin showing. You can also grind the shaft and/or threads to shorten them up. The shoulder and shaft are almost certainly longer than the thickest handle/tang combination.
- We have these custom made exclusively for us.
NOTE: These are sold in single bolts. You will probably need to order 2 of these for a typical knife handle. The picture shows several for clarity of illustration. You are ordering one each as shown above.