Corby Bolt - 303SS - MEDIUM - .182" shaft .250" shoulder
- Buy 4 for $2.33 each and save 2%
- Buy 10 for $2.24 each and save 6%
- Buy 25 for $2.14 each and save 10%
- Buy 50 for $2.05 each and save 14%
- Buy 100 for $1.98 each and save 17%
Secure!Those scales will never come off. A friend was watching me add some scales using these and was impressed to say the least. Easy to use and a very secure fastener! I prefer them to pins as most of the knives I make are for hunters and get some really rugged use.
Corby Style Bolts
.182" Shaft .330" long shaft
.250" Shoulder .285" long shoulders
.296" long thread
Over all length is .919"
both ends slotted
- Use these Corby style bolts to connect handles to a knife tang. For a full tang knife:
- You drill a hole in the tang the size of the shaft. Then you drill holes part way through the handle material the diameter of the shoulder.
- For a hidden tang knife:
- Dry mount your handle to the hidden tang so it doesn't move. Drill a hole through both handle and tang in one pass. Then drill the handle material partially to depth the diameter of the shoulder.
- Screw the two parts together fastening the scales to the tang. The ends of the bolts are slotted so you can use a screw driver on both ends to tighten the bolt. When you have it tight, you grind off the excess bolt material leaving a nice pin showing. You can also grind the shaft and/or threads to shorten them up. The shoulder and shaft are almost certainly longer than the thickest handle/tang combination.
- We have these custom made exclusively for us.
NOTE: These are sold in single bolts. You will probably need to order 2 of these for a typical knife handle. The picture shows several for clarity of illustration. You are ordering one each as shown above.