WorkSharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Mk.2
I get asked all the time by non-knife makers what is the best way to sharpen knives? I tell them to get a belt grinder and sharpen them the same way custom knife makers sharpen their knives. This isn't a great answer because they are too expensive for most knife enthusiasts that aren't in the business. This tool comes as close to sharpening a knife like a knife maker as I have seen for a fraction of the price of a belt sander. I came across the Work Sharp booth at the annual Blade Show in Atlanta and tried this unit out. It works, it's simple, it's inexpensive. This little unit will put a nice convex edge on your knife or tool, just like a custom knife maker does.
Here is what the Work Sharp People say:
Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener is the first knife sharpener designed to sharpen every knife you own. Using flexible abrasive belts, the sharpener is able to sharpen not just straight bladed knives, but also curved knives, tanto blades, filet knives, serrated knives, gut hooks and virtually any other shape of knife blade. The Knife & Tool Sharpener uses precision angle sharpening guides to ensure that you get the proper angle every time. Two guides are included: a 50° guide for hunting and outdoor knives (25° per bevel) and a 40° guide for thinner blades and kitchen knives (20° per bevel). Professional knife makers use flexible belts to put a razor sharp edge on their blades, and now you can have the same technology at home to use any time your knives get dull. You may already have other sharpening methods, but never before has a knife sharpener been able to quickly and easily sharpen this broad range of knives to such extremely sharp results.
The Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener is also able to sharpen other common tools including scissors, axes and hatchets, mower blades, garden shears, shovels, and most any tool with a blade. The versatility of the Knife & Tool Sharpener makes it an invaluable tool for keeping all your blades in razor sharp condition and ready whenever you need them.
- WSKTS Mk.2 tool sharpener
- 40° kitchen knife guide
- 50° outdoor knife guide
- Includes serrated knife guide
- Includes scissor sharpening guide
- Abrasive belt kit
- P80, P220 and 6000
- Instructional DVD
- User's Guide
- NEW & IMPROVED - Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Mk.2 sharpens every knife you own. It builds upon the Original Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener, with new features to make sharpening faster, easier, and more repeatable than ever before.
- FLEXIBLE BELTS - put a razor sharp edge on their blades, now you can have the same technology in your home or shop like the professionals. The belts conform to the edge of any blade to sharpen outdoor, pocket and kitchen knives, even serrated knives, scissors*, and many other common edge tools.
- SHARPENING GUIDE - increases precision and repeatability to get the proper edge angle every time and provides a new scratch resistant leather lining. Quickly change from 25° outdoor knives to 20° Kitchen knives in one guide.
- TWO SPEED MOTOR - delivers a low speed for more control when sharpening a knife, yet still provides all the power you need for heavier sharpening and grinding tasks on tools like lawnmower blades, axes and other common lawn & garden tools.
- EDGE GUIDE - supports the knife all the way to the tip and makes sharpening easier. It can quickly be flipped out of the way to ensure you sharpen the entire length of the blade on certain knives with obstructive features.
- USA - designed, calibrated and quality checked in Ashland Oregon and comes with a 3 year warranty.