Mathewson Metals KnifeSmith Forge
** These are shipped directly from the manufacture** Estimate 14-21 days to ship**
These are shipped via UPS Ground
Whether you are a hobbiest just starting out, or a professional in need of an affordable replacement forge, this forge will deliver years of reliable service. Each one of these forges is built 100 percent in the U.S.A. by a professional blacksmith with over 20 years experience. It is my goal to provide an affordable, durable, and long lasting alternative to other poorly constructed short term forges. This forge is our entry level model but still built with our customary care and attention to quality and detail. It is meant to last years of use, not months. Please pay close attention to the steel thickness of other forges you may be considering. The sheet metal forges don’t hold up well over time. The repetitive heating and cooling of the forge body during operation weakens the thinner bodies and causes them to fail. That is why we use full 1/4” wall material for all of our forge bodies. This forge is built to last.
- Extra thick 1/4” wall steel forge body with carry handle
- Four pre drilled legs for bench top use and optional permanent mounting
- 1” ceramic fiber insulation with ceramic fire brick floor
- 150,000+ BTU burner with choke, precision machined brass gas orifice, and stainless steel tip
- Chamber size: 5” wide x 5” tall x 10” long
- 1x KnifeSmith Forge
- 1x Fire Brick
- 1x Burner with choke
- 1x 30 PSI regulator
- 1x Instruction Sheet
- good forge, good company.i have been using this little forge for about 6 months now, it works great. the burner can be a bit finicky but i have got used to it. one of the most important things i can say on this review is this, when i first got the forge i was having issues with the burner. i emailed the company and figured that i might get an email back or a link to faq. instead mike who i assume is the owner, sent me an email and told me to call and that he would be in the shop all day. i called and he was able to talk through any issue i was having. i would do business with them again.