Trapper Slipjoint knife kit Single Blade 3 1/2” with jigged bone scales
- Buy 3 for $24.49 each and save 10%
- Buy 7 for $21.77 each and save 20%
- Buy 11 for $19.05 each and save 30%
Trapper Slipjoint Knife Kit Single Blade 3 1/2” with Jigged Bone Scales
- Closed Length 3.5"
- Open Length 6.25"
- Blade Length 2 3/8"
- Blade Thickness 2.5mm
- Blade has a Mirror Finish
- Stainless Steel Liners & Bolsters
- Heat Treated Springs
- Dyed Bone Handles included
- Pins and Shim Stock included
These Trapper style slipjoint kits were made just for us.
Most kits like this are 440 stainless and come without scales. We specified these to come with 440C stainless steel blades and dyed, jigged bone scales.
What it doesn’t come with, is a fancy box you would throw away.
The holes have all been located and drilled. The bolsters have been welded to the liners and buffed to a fine mirror finish.
The blades have been heat treated and cryo treated and finished with a mirror polish and a sharp edge.
The pins are all included. We even included a small spacer tool to use while peening the pivot in place so you don’t over tighten the pivot pin.
To finish the kits, you will need to peen the pins all in place and finish sanding, polishing and fitting the kit to your expectations.
Plan on assembly taking a couple hours at most as these will go together quickly and easily.
This kit provides and easy start to slip joint design and assembly. Use these for a pattern, a kit for yourself or to finish and sell to your buddies.
Our single blade version contains a Clip Point Blade 3.2” long. The single blade kit is 3.5” long approximately .65” wide.
The two blade version contains both a Clip Point and a Spey point blade, both blades are just over 3.5” long. The double blade kit is 4” long and approximately .7” wide.
The bone is amber dyed all through the material with jigging and dark black highlighting.
- Good introduction to folding knives.Overall good quality kit. Made my own scales using the ones that came in the kit for a quick pattern. Like most anything the finished product will depend on your patience and attention to detail. Holds a razor sharp edge with minimal need to re-sharpen, and after a brief break-in period the action is fairly smooth. Take your time and you will be very happy with the end product, I know I am.