Pulley/Sheave 4-step - 5/8" Bore
Four Step Pulley / Sheave
- 5/8" Bore
- 2", 3", 4", and 5"Diameter Steps
- for use with 1/2" wide V-Belt
- 2.5" Total Length
- 3/16" Keyway slot w/ set screw (key not included)
- Set screw is 1.75" from wide end of the pulley
- Die Cast Zinc (Zamak #3) Material
- Made in the USA.
This is a new addition to our assortment and will require you make your drive shaft 2" longer than the plans calls for. No other change will be required and this will give you 4 speeds instead of 3 speeds as we recommend in the No Weld Grinder Plans. Your choice.
You will need a pair of step pulleys to have adjustable speeds. There is no work around for just one. Order 2 if you are going to use a 4 step pulley system.
Basically, you mount one to your motor, the other to the drive shaft. When the motor is stopped, you manually move the belt from one set of grooves to the next to get 4 different speeds. A poor man's multi-speed controller.
Show per page
- Great OptionsI purchased two of these for my NWG build. I ended up using an old DC motor with variable to run the grinder, but added these to the build anyway. Now I have even more speed options. 4 grove pulleys are very hard to find so if you are considering a grinder build you need these. Great quality as well.
Show per page
Write Your Own Review