Loveless - Half - style bolt .157" thread shaft .312" shoulder 303SS
- Buy 3 for $2.29 each and save 5%
- Buy 10 for $2.12 each and save 12%
- Buy 25 for $1.93 each and save 20%
Write Your Own Review
Loveless style Bolts
.157" Thread Shaft .990" long shaft
.312" Shoulder .290" long shoulders
Over all length is 1.20"
.160" Thread Diameter
303 Stainless Steel
one end slotted
- Ron Loveless designed and made this style of handle connector famous. One side will show a nice round pin in the handle. The other side will show the now famous round ring with the inner circle.
- Use these Lovelass style bolts to connect handles to a knife tang. For a full tang knife:
- You drill a hole in the tang the size of the shaft. Then you drill holes part way through the handle material the diameter of the shoulder.
- For a hidden tang knife:
- Dry mount your handle to the hidden tang so it doesn't move. Drill a hole through both handle and tang in one pass. Then drill the handle material partially to depth the diameter of the shoulder.
- Screw the two parts together fastening the scales to the tang. The end of the bolt is slotted so you can use a screw driver to tighten the bolt. When you have it tight, you grind off the excess bolt material leaving a nice pin showing. You can also grind the shaft and/or threads to shorten them up. The shoulder and shaft are almost certainly longer than the thickest handle/tang combination.
- We have these custom made exclusively for us.