Leather - Strip 2"x72" - Make your own Leather polishing belt
Made in the USA
Leather Strip 2"x72"
- This is a leather strip that is 2"x72".
- You can cut and make your own if you have a hide that is 72" long and has no hard or soft spots through that entire length. 72" is long!
To make your own leather belt.
- Cut off the end that has the hole.
- Taper the raw side 1.5" to the end.
- Taper the smooth side 1.5" to the end.
- Remove a little extra thickness on the raw taper to allow the smooth end, when glued in place, to be even on both sides.
- Use a good quality leather contact cement like Tanners or barge.
- When you connect the two pieces together, use a hammer to pound the finished side smooth.
- Run the belt in the direction that won't peel back the joint.
- Mark that direction with a marker on the inside of the belt.
- Keep the speed down so it doesn't fly apart.
Write Your Own Review