Corby Bolt - Copper - SMALL .140" shaft .187" shoulder
- Buy 4 for $2.49 each and save 2%
- Buy 10 for $2.39 each and save 6%
- Buy 25 for $2.29 each and save 10%
- Buy 50 for $2.18 each and save 14%
- Buy 100 for $2.11 each and save 17%
Corby Style Bolts
.140" Shaft .235" long shaft
.187" Shoulder .230" long shoulders
.240" long thread
Over all length is .696"
both ends slotted
- Use these Corby style bolts to connect handles to a knife tang. For a full tang knife:
- You drill a hole in the tang the size of the shaft. Then you drill holes part way through the handle material the diameter of the shoulder.
- For a hidden tang knife:
- Dry mount your handle to the hidden tang so it doesn't move. Drill a hole through both handle and tang in one pass. Then drill the handle material partially to depth the diameter of the shoulder.
- Screw the two parts together fastening the scales to the tang. The ends of the bolts are slotted so you can use a screw driver on both ends to tighten the bolt. When you have it tight, you grind off the excess bolt material leaving a nice pin showing. You can also grind the shaft and/or threads to shorten them up. The shoulder and shaft are almost certainly longer than the thickest handle/tang combination.
- We have these custom made exclusively for us.
NOTE: These are sold in single bolts. You will probably need to order 2 of these for a typical knife handle. You are ordering one each as shown above in the description.
Write Your Own Review