Corby Bolt - 303SS - EXTRA SMALL .125" shaft .187" shoulders *NEW SHAFT LENGTH
- Buy 4 for $1.64 each and save 2%
- Buy 10 for $1.57 each and save 6%
- Buy 25 for $1.50 each and save 10%
- Buy 50 for $1.44 each and save 14%
- Buy 100 for $1.39 each and save 17%
- Works better than just pinsI make hard used hunting knives here in Wyoming. Nothing would be much more frustrating than having the scales come lose while miles from civilization below zero and a trophy bull on the ground. I use Corby bolts on all my knives and never worry about this happening to one of my knives.
Corby Style Bolts
Extra Small Corby Dimensions
.125" Shaft Diameter, .185" Shoulder Diameter
.55" Shaft Length, .210" Shoulder Length
.54" Thread Length
OAL is .99", Max OAL is 1.17"
303 Stainless Steel
Both Ends Slotted
Use these Corby style bolts to connect handles to a knife tang. For a full tang knife:
You drill a hole in the tang the size of the shaft. Then you drill holes part way through the handle material the diameter of the shoulder.
For a hidden tang knife:
Dry mount your handle to the hidden tang so it doesn't move. Drill a hole through both handle and tang in one pass. Then drill the handle material partially to depth the diameter of the shoulder.
Screw the two parts together fastening the scales to the tang. The ends of the bolts are slotted so you can use a screw driver on both ends to tighten the bolt. When you have it tight, you grind off the excess bolt material leaving a nice pin showing. You can also grind the shaft and/or threads to shorten them up. The shoulder and shaft are almost certainly longer than the thickest handle/tang combination.
We have these custom made exclusively for us.
NOTE: These are sold in single bolts. You will probably need to order 2 of these for a typical knife handle. You are ordering one each as shown above.