DVD - Scale Release Autos
Made in the USA
Scale Release Autos
3 hours 10 minutes
This is an updated version of the DVD "How to Build a Scale Release Automatic" that I released back in 2002. While most of my techniques have not changed, today's technology has allowed me to release a higher quality product.
I originally put this video together because of the lack of information that is available in the area of building automatic knives.
This video covers:
* The principle behind designing your own scale release auto
* The parts and tools used for making the knife
* The methods used to make and fit up all of the knife's parts
* And how to assemble the working knife
Building a scale release auto is an advanced level knifemaking project. It helps to have some experience in building folding knives prior to starting this project. If you have made a lock-back folder, then you are well on your way to building a scale release auto.
Because of the advanced nature of this project this video does NOT cover:
* How to solder liners and bolsters
* How to grind the bevels and edge on the blade
* How to heat-treat the blade, lock-bar, and back
* And how to clean up the bolsters and scales