BushCraft 440C 8.5" L x 1" W - GROUND - .015" edge
- Buy 3 for $44.02 each and save 5%
- Quality American made blank.I ordered one of these blanks and was very impressed with the quality. I'm very happy that USA Knifemaker is offering American made blanks at a decent price point.
I finished this knife with stabilized maple burl scales and everyone who saw it loved the knife. I ended up selling it to a saddle maker here in Montana that is using it in his saddle making business.
Can't go wrong buying this blank!
- Great blade!Takes an edge really well! I put a Cocobolo handle on it.
- Great bladeWas making some knives for Christmas presents and decided to order one of these for myself. I live in Wyoming and used this blade(after adding scales and a nice convex edge) to skin two Elk and only touched up the edge once. Great blade from great folks!
- Beautiful Blades...HARD Steelgot these blades to make knives to give to my groomsmen, love the shape, feel and weight...but holy cow is this steel hard, I tried to drill out the holes so I could use slightly larger gauge brass rivets...this steel chewed up a cobalt metal bit, and actually drove it back up into the chuck of my drill press. It was also taking me forever to get the finish I wanted on the blades, so I took them to a local metal polisher, and he was blown away by how hard the steel was, but he wound up doing a superb job. so I have no doubt that these knives will have no trouble holding an edge. I would definitely recommend these, and I just wish I'd made a couple more while I was at it.
Bush Craft Blank
- 440C Stainless Steel
- 8.5"OAL x 1"W
- Blade length is 4 & 1/8" from tip to plunge cut
- .125" thick
- Hardened and Ground (Rockwell Hardness 59/60)
- .015" edge
- 2qty - 3/32" Pin holes
- 2qty - 3/16" Pin holes
- 3/16" Lanyard hole
- Made in USA!
We keep getting asked for a Made in USA blade blank vs. an import. Here is our first design. We drew up the design, had it waterjet cut from USA made 440C steel, then had it precision ground and hardened all in the USA. This Bush Craft style blade blank has a really well done scandi grind. The finish could be described as satin. You can take it to a mirror or leave it as is. Add some handle scales or wrap it in paracord, your choice.The edge is ground to .015". You will need to finish the sharpening and put the kind of edge on it you prefer. The Bush Craft design is one of the most popular design in all fixed blades for a reason, it does so many things so well it's just hard to find an all around blade to match it.
NOTE: The second picture is a finished example. You are not getting handle material, or a completely finished knife. You are purchasing a blade blank that will need to have a handle attached and will need to be sharpened.