Diamond Bench Stone Coarse 6" X 2.5"
Smith's 6" x 2.5" Diamond Bench Stone features multiple layers of micron-sized moncrystalline diamonds banded in nickel to a flat metal surface. The unique overlapping oval hole design speeds sharpening by collecting and holding the metal filings which ordinarily build up during the sharpening process. This allows the sharpening surface to remain clean and clear and speeds sharpening. This stone is excellent for sharpening side woodworking tools, medium to small sport/utility knives, or kitchen knives.
- Coarse diamond stone sets your edge
- Molded pastic base with non-slip rubber feet for safey
- Clear plastic lid protects the stone
- Micro-tool sharpening pad for small tools
Use water or Smith's non-petroleum based honing oil as your sharpening lubricant, but stone can be used dry. DO NOTuse petroleum based oil on your stone as a sharpening lubricant.
- Place your blade on the end of the stone at the desired sharpening angle.
- Push the blade away from you just like you are trying to carve a thin slice off the top of the stone. Use moderate pressure; let the diamond do the work. Repeat this pushing stroke three or four times. Try to maintain the same approximate angle with each stroke. This is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge.
- Now sharpen the other side of the blade. Place your blade on the opposite end of your Smith's stone and repeat steps 1 and 2, this time pulling the blade toward you.
- Always dry your diamond stone surface after each use and before storing.
- Occassionally clean your stone with soapy water and a mild brush.