Foredom - 1/6 hp SR motor and FCT (foot control) speed control
Foredom's 1/6 HP hang-up style SR motor is ball bearing and operates at speeds up to 18,000 rpm. With the addition of reversing capability, you have greater control of the tool, whether you are right or left handed. Here it is teamed up with a foot operated speed control.
NOTE: These are dropped shipped direct from the Foredom factory. Shipping is estimated and may need to be adjusted slightly. If shipping is higher than estimated by the shopping cart, you will be contacted for your approval before any additional charges are made. We will be more than happy to confirm shipping costs in advance of your purchase by sending us an email.
All Warranty claims are handled by Foredom or their authorized repair center.
A Motor with All the Best Features plus More Power
More Power: The 1/6 hp, ball bearing Series SR has 33% more power than our older 1/8 hp motors, and 66% more than our original 1/10 hp models. The added power helps to reduce stalling or slowing down under normal workloads.
- Left handed users have more control of the cutting tool when in reverse
- Reverse helps to keep dust and other debris flying away from right handed users
- Alternating motor direction helps to extend the life of certain abrasives
- Reverse helps with accomplishing symmetrical grinding and carving techniques
- Reverse makes it easier to back out drill bits that are stuck
- Alternating motor direction makes it easier and faster to polish metals Please see the yellow box in the middle of the page to learn more about running in reverse rotation.
The FCT foot control included in this motor-control combination is a solid state control in a heavy duty plastic housing with an extra wide footprint. The handpiece is not included - please review our extensive line for the handpiece that suits your application. The Foredom flex shaft system is designed to allow interchangeability of most handpieces.