- Is a catalyst which acts as an accelerator that allows CAs to quickly cure in thick layers by enhancing the alkaline conditions during polymerization.
- INSTA-SET in a spray bottle is normally used to cure the CA that flows from joints when parts are pressed together.
- Applying an additional bead of thick CA along a seam and then curing it with INSTA-SET significantly enhances a joint's strength.
- For difficult to bond materials, INSTA-SET can be applied to one surface and CA to the opposite surface. When brought together, they will bond instantly. INSTA-SET is formulated with a strawberry scent and activates CA in 6 to 8 seconds without any degrading of the CAs strength, which can occur with many other accelerators.
- It is compatible with all surfaces, even clear plastic and white foam.
TIP: I use this stuff all the time. I tend to use the thick glue and that cures slower so I shoot one surface with accelerant and then join them. This gives me a fast cure time. I used to use clamps when I drilled bolster holes but they always moved on me. Now when I drill bolster holes, I glue the 416 stainless on one side of the knife blade and drill through the holes I drilled in the blade before heat treating. A quick tap on the blade back side with a hammer and the bolster pops right off. I then use Uncure to remove any reside. I repeat for the other bolster side. This gives me perfectly placed holes.