Smith's 4" Diamond Combination Bench Stone features coarse and fine grit sharpening surfaces. These surfaces contain multiple layers of micron-sized moncrystalline diamonds and a unique sharpening surface with an overlapping oval hole design. This innovation speeds sharpening by collecting and holding the metal filings which ordinarily build up during the sharpening process. Each stone has a "micro-tool sharpening pad" and a sharpening groove for fish hooks or pointed tools. The soft grip rubber handle is designed to make sharpening safe and easy, and when you are finished sharpening, you can store your stones in the handle for safekeeping.
- Coarse & fine diamond stones in one
- Soft grip rubber handle for comfort
- Thumb guard for safety
- Stone stores in handle for safekeeping
- Sharpening Groove for fish hooks and pointed tools
- Micro-tool sharpening pad for small tools
Size: 4" x 1"
- Place your blade on the end of the stone at the desired sharpening angle.
- Push the blade away from you just like you are trying to carve a thin slice off the top of the stone. Use moderate pressure; let the diamond do the work. Repeat this pushing stroke three or four times. Try to maintain the same approximate angle with each stroke. This is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge.
- Now sharpen the other side of the blade. Place your blade on the opposite end of your Smith's stone and repeat steps 1 and 2 this time pulling the blade toward you.
- Always dry your diamond stone surface after each use and before storing.
- Occassionally clean your stone with soapy water and a mild brush.