Paragon HT10D Furnace W8.5"xD9"xH8.75" Sentry Digital 12 key
IMPORTANT NOTES ON ORDERING:
These are shipped directly from Paragon. Lead time is 4-6 weeks.
When checking out, the shipping charges in the shopping cart are not accurate!
To find out the shipping you can contact us via email. Please send your shipping address, which oven and the best way to contact you. We will get the quote from Paragon and get back to you. Or you can call us at 507-720-6063 and we will get a quote for you.
If you would like you can go through the website to make the purchase and add a note as to the best way to reach you for the final shipping price. We will then contact Paragon to get the price and then let you know the price.
Machine shops save time with a furnace at their disposal in their own shop. You will no longer send a die out for heat treating, wait for its return and then send it out again for additional heat treating.
The door swings open with one-handed operation. A counter-weight handle holds the door securely closed. The door has a vent hole, so you can see inside the furnace during firing. Metal covers seal the vent holes when not in use. (Always wear Paragon firing safety glasses when looking into a hot furnace.) The furnace is insulated with refractory firebrick. The elements are mounted in dropped, recessed grooves machined into the firebrick. Paragon invented this type of groove in 1952. This groove protects the element for long life and low maintenance. Elements are simple to replace because theyre exposed rather than embedded. You can thread new elements into place following clear instructions in the manual.
The firing chamber is protected by a steel case painted in high temperature blue. A built-in stand lifts the firing chamber safely off your worktable, so no extra stand is needed. The door is mounted with a heavy-duty hinge for smooth opening. A micro-switch shuts off the power to the elements when the door is opened. We use high temperature wire in the switch box for long life. A heat shield, mounted between the switch box and furnace, helps keep the switch box components cool even during extended operation. To further dissipate heat, the switch box is extra large and generously louvered. Each furnace comes with a cord and plug for immediate installation and a one year warranty.
Your furnace includes a wiring diagram, programming instructions, and heat treating manual. The manual gives you basic heat treating instructions for D2, 440C, ATS 34 and 154 CM. The manual is written in plain English for the beginner.
Optional Gas Injection Flow Meter
During heat treating, scale forms on the surface of the steel. One way to eliminate most scaling is to wrap the steel in stainless steel foil, which Paragon sells. An easier way is to install the gas injection flow meter on your furnace. It is available as either an add-on kit, or you can order the furnace with the meter installed.
The meter regulates the flow of an inert gas, such as argon, inside the furnace. The gas displaces the oxygen to prevent most scaling.
Sentry Digital 12-key Non-Ceramic Control Type
Paragon digital kilns are powered by either the 12-key Sentry micro processor or the smaller 3-key Sentry Xpress. These micro processors are the result of intensive effort between Paragon Industries, L.P. and Orton Ceramic Foundation. The controllers add convenience and accuracy to your firings.
Owning a Sentry is like hiring an assistant to watch your kiln. Nevertheless, please remember that you should monitor the kiln occasionally during firing, especially near the expected shut-off. (We do not warrant against over-fires.)
Sentry 12-Key 2.0
Most Paragon ceramic kilns use the Sentry 12-key. Some of its exciting features:
- Temperature Display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Firing Cost Enter the cost of electricity and kiln amperage in Options. After the kiln fires to completion, press the 8 key for the cost of electricity to fire that load.
- Rate At the factory, we can configure a controller for you to show rate as degrees of temperature change per hour (the default), degrees of temperature change per minute, or elapsed time needed to reach a temperature.
- Stop/Back Key goes back one step with each key press during programming. Use this feature to correct programming errors.
- Add Time Key adds five minutes to a temperature hold with each key press during firing. Helpful for glass with holds.
- Program Review lets you check that the program you are about to fire is correct.
- Audible Temperature Alarm to remind yourself to close a vented lid or to check the kiln near firing completion.
- 30 Month Warranty
- Thermocouple Selection The Sentry 2.0 can operate types K, S or R thermocouples.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, bad voltage, temperature deviation.
- 14 Segment Display is easier to read than the previous 7 segment.
- Program Safety Lock for the program in active memory. Gives you peace of mind.
- Delay Fire Set the time that the firing is to start. The kiln will turn on at that time.
- LED Lights show when the relays are powered.
- Quick Release Molex Connectors permit fast removal of the controller. Replacing the Sentry 2.0 or Sentry Xpress takes only minutes.
The Sentry 2.0 can be installed on all existing Paragon 12-key digital kilns. It uses the same size faceplate as the earlier DTC 100 - 1000 series. Upgrade a switch-operated kiln with the wall-mount version.
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. The standard thermocouple on most Paragon kilns equipped with the Sentry 2.0 is the ¼ Type-K. It is hermetically sealed in a metal sheath for long life. It replaces the earlier 1/8 thermocouple.
Though a precision instrument, the thermocouple wears with use, resulting in a gradual shift in temperature readout. (This wear occurs mostly above 2000°F.) If you fire pottery, consider the deluxe Type-S, noted for its extreme longevity.
Ramp-Hold Custom Programming
Ramp-Hold allows you to infinitely adjust each part of the firing cycle. Vary the firing to obtain different effects from the same glaze.
Ramp-Hold programs are made of segments. Each segment has a temperature, firing rate, and, if desired, a temperature hold.
- Skip Segment skips past any segment.
- Store Nine Programs: One 18-segment and eight 10-segment programs remain in memory even when the kiln is unplugged.
- Present Status shows which segment the kiln has reached during firing.
- Cooling Control both heating and cooling. For deeper colors, especially iron reds, experiment with slow cooling.
- Hold is available in every segment.
The Auxiliary Output is available on most Paragon TnF kilns. The AOP is a relay-powered electrical receptacle mounted to the kiln. You can plug an Orton KilnVent into the AOP to control when the vent operates during firing.
Three Zone Firing
Standard TnF kilns are single zone; 3 zone is optional on 10- and 12-sided TnF kilns. Three zone is now faster and more accurate than on previous 3 zone controllers because of the Sentrys time-temperature algorithm. This eliminates the temperature lag adjustment.