ÜberGrinders are back baby!
We have some ready now, for immediate shipment.
I’ve even got a limited number of VFD’s, Motors, and 10″ and 12″ Drive Wheels.
These are available in both an “Add your own Motor/VFD and Contact Wheel” configuration, and as a complete package.
I now have 10″ and 12″ Contact Wheels, from Contact Rubber Corporation on hand.
I have contracted with Leeson to make motors specifically for this grinder. They are designed from the ground up to be run with a Variable Frequency Drive, and stay cool, while running wide open, and also in low speed, high torque situations.
(These are drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer)
Base Model will include:
- Complete frame. Rotates 90 degrees, locks in either position, 3 receivers for positioning the tool and workrest arms to suit your preference. All adjustments are made without tools.
- Crowned, urethane drive wheel. Keeps the belt from slipping even under low tension, high torque operation.
- Pneumatics for belt tension. High quality Mead/Bimba regulator and cylinder.
- Überrest (Articulating work rest with steel table, vernier scale for accurately adjusting in 1 degree increments. Again, no tools required.)
- Platen/Slack Belt Attachment. Improved this time around to work better as a slack belt attachment with the removal of the platen via 2 screws. Also, new shop made wheels make the belt lie flatter against the platen than before, with less ‘puckering’. You’ll really appreciate this when using fine, flexible belts. (Requires a wrench to switch between platen/slack belt operation)
- Small Wheel attachment. (Small Wheels not included)
- Arm and hardware for mounting a Contact Wheel. (Contact Wheels Sold Separately)
- VFD bracket for mounting your VFD to the uber grinder itself, or to your bench.
- Contact Wheels, both 10″ and 12″ by 2″ wide. 70 duro, smooth.
We had Contact Rubber Corp. make us wheels this time around, so you don’t have to source your own. In my opinion, these are the best on the market, and are what I use myself. These are their C134 Quick Change wheels. They are expensive, up front, but you get what you pay for. And since they are quick change, if you damage them, or wear them out, you can replace just the tire for the neighborhood of $150 down the road. I just replaced my own original 10 year old wheel myself, as it had developed some nicks in it.
- 10″ wheel, $380
- 12″ wheel, $420
- Custom made, 2hp Leeson inverter duty motor, and KBAC-27D Variable Frequency Drive. This is the best drive on the market for our application. Dustproof/Waterproof, with actual knobs that you can turn.
The motor is designed from the ground up for grinder use, and to be run from the VFD.
Price is $1000 with all wiring included except the plug. Simply have your electrician make a few connections and put a plug on the end of the cord to match your receptacle.
No matter what you buy, some assembly is required on your end.
This minor assembly allows for much less expensive shipping, as we can ship FedEx, instead of freight shipping. We can probably offer a completely assembled option, but shipping will move from the $200 neighborhood, to the $800 neighborhood! Assembly and final wiring will be easy, and can be accomplished in minutes, not hours.
Below, are some videos showing the grinder, the assembly, and a few tips for setup.
ubergrinder uber grinder